Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,
Banner for Alameda County Environmental Health shows picture of department building.
Hazardous Materials / Waste Program

> Overview
> Programs
Related Links
> Tire Management
> Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC)
> California Environmental Protection Agency (Cal/EPA)
> Alameda County Water District (ACWD)
> Berkeley City Toxics Management Division
> Fremont Fire Department
> Hayward Fire Department
> Livermore - Pleasanton Fire Department
> Oakland Fire Department
> City of San Leandro
> City of Union City
California Environmental Reporting System (CERS)

In 2008, the State of California enacted Assembly Bill (AB) 2286. This legislation requires the State's Secretary for Environmental Protection to establish an electronic information management system known as the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS). Beginning January 1, 2013, all regulated facilities must begin reporting their HMBP, chemical inventory, UST, AST and Generator data electronically into the CERS database. Additionally, all regulated facilities will also need to upload their Emergency Response Plans and Procedures, and Site Diagrams beginning January 1, 2013. A regulated facility will need to convert electronic documents and plans to PDF format, or scan hard-copy documents and plans into a PDF format to upload it into CERS. At this time, the programs affected by CERS include the Hazardous Materials Business Plan Program and the Underground Storage Tank Program. The Hazardous Waste Generator Program will also have electronic forms on CERS and is currently under development.

Once fully implemented, CERS will benefit regulated facilities by simplifying the document submittal process, including new information submittals and updating existing information to the CUPA. CERS will allow response agencies quick access to current data during emergency response activities. More information on CERS and e-reporting can be found at Cal EPA website;

This fall, ACEHD will be providing Cal/EPA with basic facility information in order to generate a CERS ID for your facility. Once available, you will use the CERS ID to create a user account, gain access to CERS and begin updating your facility information and uploading required Uniform Program data to CERS.

ACDEH will also be providing training to assist businesses in entering their Uniform Program data into CERS. Please continue to visit our webpage for information on future training opportunities.


Pursuant to Assembly Bill 2286 (Feuer), the Alameda County CUPA must begin accepting electronic data for specified CUPA program forms on January 1, 2013. The purpose of the Electronic Reporting Lead User Authorization Form is to ensure that only individuals designated by the facility owner/operator are authorized by the CUPA to create, edit, and submit electronic data on the owner's behalf to the statewide system, known as the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS).

The owner/operator or legal representative of each regulated CUPA Facility in the Alameda County Department of Environmental Health CUPA jurisdiction needs to print the form, complete the necessary sections, and fax or mail the form to the CUPA office.

What is Electronic Reporting? Who has to file electronically? When does electronic reporting begin? Answers to these questions and more can be found in this brochure.

* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.

Online Services
CUPA File Review Request
Tank Removal Request Form
*Requires the free Adobe Reader.
**Requires the free Microsoft Word reader.

CERS E Reporting Authorization Form
General Instructions
Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tank Facility Statement*
Generator Survey Form*
Change of Ownership / Operator UST*
Designated UST Operator Form*
UST Modification Plan*
UST Monitoring Plan Form*
More forms...

Alameda County sealAlameda County © 2016 • All Rights Reserved • Legal / DisclaimersAccessibility