Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,
Banner for Alameda County Environmental Health shows picture of department building.
Land Use Program

> Program Overview
> What is "Land Use" in Alameda County?
> Events & Announcements
> Regulatory Documents
> OWTS Consultants & Contractors
> Permitting Process
> Consultation Meetings
> Forms
> Incorporated Areas
> Sunol Septic Work Group
> Program Fees
> Areas of Concern
> Resources
> Contact Us
Related Links
> Look up an Assessor's Parcel Number (APN)
> Look up your Supervisorial District

Contact Us

Submitting an E-Request for Service

If you would like to:

  • File a complaint
  • Schedule a file review

Please submit a Septic System File Review Request Form. We will notify you within two business days to let you know we received your request, and inform you of your next course of action.

Please note: Complaints regarding septic system failures in the Incorporated areas of Alameda County should be filed with the appropriate City Code Enforcement Agency.

Speaking With Someone In-Person

If you would like to speak with someone in person about navigating the permitting process, please call the numbers below or come to our office in Alameda to speak with clerical staff.

  1. Call the Land Use Program desk at 510-567-6887 between the hours of 9:00AM - 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
  2. Call the ACEH Front Desk at 510-567-6700, and your call will be directed to the correct person.

Please note that in order to discuss project-specific information, the clerical staff will direct your call to the Land Use Staff, who will get in contact with you.

Online Services
> Septic System File Review Request Form
(Please include your phone number on the form.)
> OWTS Service Request Application Form (PDF - 263kb)*

Alameda County sealAlameda County © 2019 • All Rights Reserved • Legal / DisclaimersAccessibility