OWTS Design Professionals, Consultants, Contractors and Service Providers
State Regulations Governing OWTS Design Professionals
Registered Environmental Health Specialists (REHS), Registered Geologists, and Registered Civil Engineers are authorized by Alameda County OWTS Regulations to design OWTS's. If your project requires the design of any fixed works for drainage, water supply, purification of water, grading; geotechnical evaluation for slope stability; and/or land surveying in connection with your OWTS design, these activities must be performed under direction of a Licensed Civil Engineer and/or Licensed Land Surveyor. State Regulations Governing these professionals are provided below.
The following documents are provided in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require the free Adobe Reader.
- California Health & Safety Code, Article 1: Registered Environmental Health Specialists (§§ 106600 - 106735)
- Geologists & Geophysicist Act, Business & Professions Code (§§ 7800 - 7887)*
- Regulations Relating to the Practices of Geology and Geophysics, California Code of Regulations Title 16, Division 29 (§§ 3000 - 3067)*
- Professional Engineers Act, Business and Professions Code (§§ 6700 - 6799)*
- Professional Land Surveyors' Act, Business and Professions Code (§§ 8700 - 8805)*
- Board Rules and Regulations Relating to the Practices of Professional Engineering and Professional Land Surveying, California Code of Regulations Title 16, Division 5 (§§ 400 - 476)*
Homeowner Guides and Fact Sheets
A List (PDF - 38kb)* of local OWTS Design Professionals & Consultants is provided for your reference. This list does not represent an endorsement of any particular professional by ACEH.
Careful selection of the licensed professional best suited for your project, and clear communication in the beginning, is the foundation of a successful project. ACEH Land Use Program recommends you review the following guides before selecting a professional for your project.
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.