Alameda County Department of Environmental Health, Office of Solid/Medical Waste and Body Art Program is responsible for the:
- Inspection of landfills, transfer stations, compostable material handling facilities and operations, construction and demolition facilities and closed landfills.
- Inspection and registration of medical waste generator facilities, including hospitals, clinics, biotech companies, etc. with medical waste treatment.
- Solid and liquid waste hauler vehicles registration and inspection.
- Registration and inspection of body art establishments.
- Registration of tattoo, body piercing, branding and permanent cosmetics practitioners.
- Investigation of complaints associated with solid, medical waste and body art facilities or practitioners.