Meet Supervisor Chan
News & Announcements
- 06/29/2016 Affordable housing bond measure put on November ballot The affordable housing bond will provide $580 million in investment in affordable homes for low-income renters, down payment assistance for first time homebuyers and an innovation fund to seek new solutions.
- 08/05/2016 Inmate health care provider dumped by Alameda County The Board of Supervisors voted to award a three-year, $135 million contract to California Forensic Medical Group.
- 07/11/2016 2 Investigates: John George psych hospital admins address overcrowding The overcrowding at John George Psychiatric Pavilion demands immediate attention. That is why, as chair of the Health Committee, I asked administrators from John George and Alameda Health System to accelerate their plan to address overcrowding in the hospital's Psychiatric Emergency Services.
- 04/16/2016 Full Medi-Cal Services Being Expanded to California's Undocumented Children No child should be denied full access to the medical services they need to develop into healthy individuals. State and federal lawmakers now need to act to allow undocumented residents to purchase health plans through Covered California, so more families can benefit from the security provided by having comprehensive health insurance.
- 02/24/2016 Tackling some of Alameda County's issues together In more than 25 years of public service, I have witnessed the many challenges of poverty in Alameda County. Our community struggles with a lack of affordable housing, the anxiety of not knowing where the next meal is coming from, and the difficulty of finding quality childcare and living wage jobs.
None at this time.