Meet Supervisor Chan
News & Announcements
- 11/15/2016 Trump Threatens Health Care Policy and Funding in Alameda County With the election of Trump, future health care policy and funding faces significant risks. While no one can say for sure what the new administration will attempt to do to our health-care system, we must advocate for the best while we prepare for the worst. What are the possible major threats to health care under a Trump administration?
- 11/14/2016 Alameda County Awarded $140 Million Grant to Serve 'High Utilizers' Alameda County Health Care Services Agency (HCSA) has been awarded more than $140 million by the California Department of Health Care Services for an ambitious and innovative program that aims to improve health outcomes for the homeless and other high utilizers of health care services while reducing avoidable costs.
- 08/05/2016 Inmate health care provider dumped by Alameda County The Board of Supervisors voted to award a three-year, $135 million contract to California Forensic Medical Group.
- 07/11/2016 2 Investigates: John George psych hospital admins address overcrowding The overcrowding at John George Psychiatric Pavilion demands immediate attention. That is why, as chair of the Health Committee, I asked administrators from John George and Alameda Health System to accelerate their plan to address overcrowding in the hospital's Psychiatric Emergency Services.
- 06/29/2016 Affordable housing bond measure put on November ballot The affordable housing bond will provide $580 million in investment in affordable homes for low-income renters, down payment assistance for first time homebuyers and an innovation fund to seek new solutions.
None at this time.