Alameda County Resources
- Alameda County Social Services Area Agency on Aging
The AAA provides subcontracted services to persons aged 60 and older through grants from the Federal Administration on Aging, State of California, and the County of Alameda.
These services include:
- Day Care Adult
- Alzheimer's Services (Day Care and Respite)
- Case Management (Social Worker)
- Elder Abuse Prevention, Money Management
- Food Services (Brown Bag, congregate meals, as well as home delivered)
- Friendly Visitor/Telephone Reassurance
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Services (HICAP)
- In Home Services (registry referrals)
- Legal Services
- Ombudsman Services (for those in long term care facilities)
- Respite Services (short-term)
- Senior Center Services
- Senior Companion and Foster Grandparent Services
Senior Resource Guides in Spanish (Español)
- Guía de Recursos para Adultos Mayores para el Condado del Norte*
- Guía de Recursos para Adultos Mayores para el Condado del Sur*
- Guía de Recursos para Adultos Mayores para el Condado Central*
- Guía de Recursos para Adultos Mayores para el Condado del Este*
Senior Center Directory and Housing Guide
- City Of Berkeley Resources
City of Berkeley
Health & Human Services
Division on Aging
The city of Berkeley's Division on Aging is dedicated to promoting a dignified, healthful quality of life for older adults by advocating for vital services, providing opportunities to develop meaningful fellowship, offering lifelong learning activities, recognizing the continued and varied accomplishments of older adults, and being an accessible and trusted community resource. Overview
The Division on Aging offers a variety of free computer classes, seminars, and social events for adults 55 years of age and older. Please see our Monthly Newsletter or Schedule of Events and Classes for more information. Our programs attract seniors with diverse backgrounds and interests who frequent the centers for cultural exchange, meetings with friends, and delicious meals. If you want a delightful place to remain active and enjoy good fellowship, please visit any of our beautiful senior centers, located in North Berkeley, South Berkeley, and West Berkeley. The City of Berkeley Division on Aging welcomes participants regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, political affiliation, veterans' status, physical or mental disabilities, and medical condition (including cancer and HIV status).
- City Of Oakland Resources
City of Oakland
Department of Human Services
Programs for Seniors and Adults with Disabilities
The Department of Human Services builds strong communities by enriching the quality of life for individuals and families in Oakland.
Empowering seniors and adults with disabilities through life enriching and life sustaining programs and services.
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.