Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,
ACGOV Quick Links
Goto ACGOV Search

James Gilford
Neighborhood Preservation and Sustainability

Get Help Fixing Up Your House!

We offer grants and low interest loans to fix up your house.

We offer Minor Home Repair grants for emergency repairs of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, railings, grab bars, toilets, water heaters, furnaces, doors, locks and more.

We offer Accessibility grants for seniors or persons with special needs to install ramps, railings, doorways, counter height modifications, etc.

We offer Curb Appeal/Paint grants for exterior painting and driveway replacement.

We offer low interest Rehabilitation Loans of up to $60,000 for major repairs. Repayment may be deferred until the property is sold, refinanced or title transferred.

Select the link below for where you live to view or download the linked brochure for details and call us at 510.670.5399.

  • City of Fremont  (PDF - 904kb)*
  • City of Oakland
  • Union City  (PDF - 907kb)*
  • Urban County  (PDF - 860kb)*
    For: Albany, Dublin, Newark, Piedmont, Newark, and the unincorporated areas of Ashland, Cherryland, Castro Valley, Hillcrest Knolls, Fairview, San Lorenzo and Sunol.

We help you with finding a contractor and reviewing the work. See our "Owners Manual" (PDF - 931kb)* for details.

You must own your home and have an income based upon family size within the guidelines (PDF - 30kb)*. For accessibility grants you must have the landlord's consent if you are a renter.

Printable and fillable application: Housing Rehab Application (PDF - 90kb)*

Fill out, download and submit your application by mail to:
Alameda County CDA
Neighborhood Preservation and Sustainability Dept
Housing Rehabilitation Program
224 W. Winton Ave. Ste 205
Hayward CA 94544

* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.

Alameda County sealAlameda County © 2012 • All Rights Reserved • Legal / DisclaimersAccessibility