Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,

Child Care Facilities

The resource and referral agencies below may be able to give you personalized assistance:

The Building Child Care website also has a host of resources:

A few resources to assist with various steps of developing a child care center may be found below:

Video: Child Care Facilities and Quality

Green Child Care

Starting or Relocating A Center

Land Use Permitting

Before you buy or rent a center or house for the purposes of starting a child care program, you should check into the local zoning and permitting processes for child care programs by calling your local planning department. Southern Alameda County cities can cross reference their information with the chart which you can access by clicking on the link below. In addition to city planning staff, resource and Referral agency and ECE program staff may also be available to help you understand the local permitting process and how you can prepare for a city hearing in the event one is required.

Child Care Permit Kit

This is a group of resources to assist large family child care homes and child care centers which have to undergo a land use hearing.

* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.

** Microsoft Word (DOCX) file requires the free Microsoft Word Viewer.

Alameda County sealAlameda County © 2019 • All Rights Reserved • Legal / DisclaimersAccessibility