Fire Stations / Facilities
Alameda County Regional Emergency Communication Center
The Alameda County Regional Emergency Communication Center (ACRECC) is located at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) and is operated by the Alameda County Fire Department (ACFD) with oversight by an advisory committee. The Alameda County Regional Emergency Communications Center provides emergency fire and medical dispatch services for the Alameda County Emergency Medical Services District, ACFD, Alameda Fire Department, Camp Parks Fire Department, Fremont Fire Department, and the Union City Fire Department. ACRECC also provides initial dispatch for ambulance and pre-arrival instructions for member agencies of the dispatch consortium as well as for the cities of Livermore, Pleasanton, Albany and Hayward.
Dispatching over 70,000 calls annually, the Alameda County Regional Emergency Communications Center also maintains the following responsibilities for Alameda County:
- Call-outs for Alameda County Emergency Medical Services, Alameda County Public Health and Alameda County Environmental Health for all of Alameda County.
- Provide Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) for any agency within Alameda County.
- Mass-Casualty Incident (MCI) alerts and advisories for Alameda County (coordination of patients between ambulances and hospitals).
- Radio interoperability between ground/air ambulances and hospital emergency rooms.
Operational Area Coordinator
- Coordinate and track all mutual aid involving Alameda County agencies
- Resource Ordering and Statusing System (ROSS) certified.
In 2008, the Alameda County Regional Emergency Communications Center received recognition as an Accredited Center of Excellence from the National Academy of Emergency Dispatch. This prestigious honor was only granted to 5 other dispatch centers in California and 86 additional dispatch centers worldwide. For more information on the Center of Excellence Accreditation process from the National Academy of Emergency Dispatch, please visit www.emergencydispatch.org/acc_home.php