This is a great way to meet your local firefighters as well as learn how a fire station operates. Any community group or individual is welcome to arrange a tour of a local Alameda County Fire Department fire station. The tour will focus primarily on the observation of the fire stations living quarters and fire engines. Guests will also be introduced to the many types of fire fighting and rescue equipment that is carried on a modern day fire truck. In addition to viewing the station, fire prevention and safety tips will also be discussed.
Age Group: All ages
Audience Size: 6 - 20 people
Time: 30 minutes
Cost: No Cost
- One adult supervisor for every five children under the age of 10 that will be participating in the tour.
* Alameda County Fire Department provides all resources except adult supervisor(s).
To Schedule this program:
- Please contact the Alameda County Fire Department Community Education Division at (510) 632-3473 ext. 1320 or the Fire Administration at (510) 632-3473 or (925) 833-3473.
- You may also email us with your request at ACFD Tours. Please provide us a name and contact number, with preferred station, preferred day of the week, (Thursday or Saturday AM) and the name of and number of persons in your group. You may receive a reply email with your confirmation within 2 -3 weeks.
- Please provide us with a minimum of 30 days advance notice. In order to accommodate possible schedule conflicts, several alternative dates should be supplied.
- Please be aware that the fire stations are on 24-hour call. Even with booked tours, the possibility exists that the crew could be called out and the station will be closed when you arrive. If the crew is not at the station for the scheduled tour, wait for 15 minutes. If the crew does not return in that time frame, please contact Community Education or Fire Administration to reschedule your tour.