- 11/27/2013 Put a Freeze on Winter Holidays!(963KB) Decorating in preparation for the winter holidays can be fun, but it also increases your risk for a home fire. If you plan to deck your halls with lots of holly this season, review these tips to remain fire smart.
- 11/30/2013 Donate to the Alameda County Fire Fighters Holiday Toy Drive until 12/24! The Alameda County Fire Fighters Annual Holiday Toy Drive is in full swing! Donations of gift cards or new, unwrapped toys can be made at any of our fire stations through Tuesday, December 24th. Thank you for your support!
- 11/18/2013 Have a Safe Thanksgiving!(837KB) Did you know Thanksgiving is the leading day of the year for home fires involving home cooking equipment? Plan to have a safe Thanksgiving by clicking on the link above to view the latest safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association.
- 10/21/2013 Be Halloween Safe!(413KB) Plan on celebrating Halloween? Help make trick-or-treating safe for all of the little monsters and superheroes in your family and neighborhood by downloading the latest Halloween Fire Safety Tips from the National Fire Protection Association.
- 10/14/2013 ACFD Personnel Help Increase Breast Cancer Awareness During the Month of October Have you seen ACFD firefighters or personnel wearing pink shirts or with pink ribbon pins on? In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, ACFD personnel will be wearing pink shirts or pink ribbon pins to increase awareness of the devastating disease.
- 10/07/2013 October is Fire Prevention Month--Help Prevent Kitchen Fires Did you know cooking is the leading cause of home fires and home fire injuries, followed heating equipment? Click on the link above to learn more fast facts about cooking related fires and how you can help prevent them!
- 07/26/2013 Sign up for a CERT or PEP Class in the Fall!(0KB) The ACFD is offering free Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) trainings and Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP) workshops this Fall! Click on the link above to download the latest class schedule and get details on how to enroll.
- 04/04/2013 We're Hiring Dispatchers Interested in becoming a Fire Dispatcher? We're hiring for the positions of Dispatcher and Dispatcher Trainee. Please click on the link above to apply online and find out more information.
- 03/21/2013 Sign Up for a Free Spring PEP or CERT Training!(65KB) The Spring Schedule for Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP) and Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training is now available. Please click on the link above for information on how to sign up for a local training.
- 02/26/2013 Spring Personal Emergency Preparedness & CERT Training Schedule(65KB) The Spring class schedule for Personal Emergency Preparedness and Community Emergency Response Team Training is now available! Click on the link above for details on a free training in your neighborhood.
- 11/27/2012 Sandbag Information(296KB) Wondering where you can get a sandbag or two in preparation for the upcoming severe weather? Please click on the link above to view the Alameda County Public Works Agency's list of sandbag locations.
- 08/21/2012 ACFD Station #8 Community Meetings on 8/29 Join representatives from the Alameda County & Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Departments for 2 community meetings at ACFD Station #8 (1617 College Ave.) in Livermore on August 29th at 9:00AM or 7:00PM to ask questions about fire services in your neighborhood.
- 06/27/2012 ACFD Mourns Loss of Firefighter Hollis Franks(29KB) It is with great sadness that we announce the death of a beloved member of the ACFD Family. Following a brief but valiant battle with lung cancer, Firefighter Hollis Franks passed away at his home in Livermore. Click on the link above for more info.
- 02/24/2012 In Memory of Tom Godbier We are saddened to announce the passing of Tom Godbier, a retired Castro Valley Fire Department Engineer, part-time ACFD employee and long time resident of San Leandro. In memory of Tom, the flag at Station #6 will fly at half-staff through March 3rd.
- 12/23/2011 Lawrence Livermore National Security Awards Contract to the Alameda County Fire Department(62KB) The Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC will continue to contract with the Alameda County Fire Department to provide emergency services to Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Please click on the link above to view the press release.
- 10/29/2013 Be Warm & Safe This Winter!(1053KB) According to the National Fire Protection Association, half of home heating fires are reported from December to February. Take the necessary steps now to keep your home fire safe in the coming months! Click on the link above for brief heating safety tips.
- 06/11/2013 Annual CERT Refresher Drill Scheduled for 7/20(283KB) Attention all CERT graduates! Registration is now open for the Annual Refresher Drill on Saturday, July 20th from 9AM to 12PM. Please click on the link above to download the training flyer.
- 02/07/2013 Registration is Open for Spring Personal Emergency Preparedness Classes! Resolve to be better prepared in 2013! Click on the link above to view the dates and sign up for free Personal Emergency Preparedness Classes scheduled in March and April.
- 07/25/2012 CERT Registration is Open!(342KB) Registration for Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training is open in Dublin! Class begins on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 6:30PM at the Dublin Library. Click on the link above to view the training flyer for additional information.
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.