- 08/21/2015 We're Hiring a Fire Inspector! Have knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of fire prevention and investigation? Apply to join our team as a Fire Inspector! Click on the link above to learn more about the position and submit an application online.
- 08/17/2015 We'/re Hiring a Fire Department Account Clerk! Have an interest in accounting? Click on the link above to find out more information about how you can join the Alameda County Fire Department as an Account Clerk!
- 07/31/2015 We're Hiring a Geographic Systems Technician! Apply by Monday, August 10, 2015! Click on the link above to learn more about the position and to submit an application.
- 04/30/2015 The Next CERT Academy Begins in Union City on 5/1 How will you prepare for the next disaster? Sign up for our next Community Emergency Response Team training in Union City on Friday, May 1st through Sunday, May 3rd. Click on the link above for more information.
- 04/14/2015 Alameda County Fire Fighters Annual Rowell Ranch Rodeo Pancake Breakfast -May 9th Save the Date for the Alameda County Fire Fighters Annual Rowell Ranch Rodeo Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, May 9, 2015 at Fire Station #25 (20336 San Miguel Ave.) in Castro Valley from 7AM-10AM!
- 03/23/2015 Tickets for the 30th Annual Public Safety Dispatcher Recognition Banquet are on Sale! Help support the great work of Alameda County Public Safety Dispatchers! Click on the link above to purchase a ticket or make a donation to the 30th Annual Alameda County Public Safety Dispatchers Recognition Banquet on April 17, 2015 at 6PM in Pleasanton
- 02/17/2015 February is American Heart Month! Did you know the month of February is American Heart Month? Stay heart healthy by clicking on the link above to learn more about the warning signs of a stroke, heart attack and/or cardiac arrest.
- 01/14/2015 ACFD Fire Station 34 Temporarily Closed for Major Building Repairs, Firefighters Relocated to ACFD Fire Station 35 From January 13, 2015 until late June/early July 2015, Alameda County Fire Station 34 on Powell Street in Emeryville will be temporarily closed for major building repairs. Firefighters normally housed at Station 34 will be relocated to ACFD Station 35.
- 12/26/2014 Put A Freeze On Winter Fires!(1187KB) Did you know that home fires occur more during the winter than in any other season? As you make adjustments to your residence in order to stay warm this winter, please click on the link above to review a few important seasonal fire safety tips.
- 12/03/2014 Put A Freeze on Winter Holiday Fires!(963KB) As you decorate your home this holiday season, review these fire safety tips to help reduce your risk for a home fire. Please click on the link above to download the fire safety tip sheet.
- 10/17/2014 Memorial Service on 10/23 Set to Honor William McCammon, First Fire Chief of the Alameda County Fire Department(20KB) The community is invited to honor the life of Chief McCammon at a memorial service on Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 11:00AM at the Alameda County Fairgrounds (4501 Pleasanton Avenue, Pleasanton, CA 94566) in Building A (Young California Building).
- 07/31/2015 We're Hiring an Account Clerk! The deadline to apply is August 21, 2015. Please click on the link above for more information and to submit an application online.
- 07/07/2015 Help Save A Life! Install the Free PulsePoint App on your Smartphone! Help save someone's life by downloading the free PulsePoint App on your SmartPhone. Search PulsePoint in the Apple App Store or in Android Apps on Google Play. Click on the link above to learn more about the benefits of the App!
- 05/20/2015 May is Stroke Awareness Month--Learn the Sudden Signs of a Stroke!(199KB) A stroke stops blood from getting to the brain and can be disastrous. Do you know the signs and symptoms of a stroke? Click on the link above to download a poster for your office or home to help educate those around you. You just may save someone's life.
- 04/30/2015 Save the Date: The Alameda County Fire Fighters Annual Rowell Ranch Rodeo Pancake Breakfast is on 5/9 Join Alameda County Fire Fighters for the Annual Rowell Ranch Rodeo Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, 5/9 from 7AM-10AM at Fire Station #25 (20336 San Miguel Avenue) in Castro Valley. Tickets are $5 each and may be purchased at the door.
- 03/01/2015 How Will You Help Your Neighborhood When a Disaster Happens? Did you know the Alameda County Fire Department offers free Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP) Trainings? Click on the link above to learn more about the training opportunities scheduled through June 2015.
- 08/21/2015 Register for CERT Training or a Personal Emergency Preparedness Workshop this Fall... Sign up for a free CERT training or Personal Emergency Preparedness Workshop in the Fall! Please click on the link above for more information & to RSVP.
- 07/07/2015 Fire Season is Here...Is Your Home Ready? Fire Season in Alameda County is here. Is your home ready? Click on the link above to learn about the simple steps you can take to increase the chance of your home surviving a fire this summer.
- 05/20/2015 Attend a Personal Identity Theft Preparedness Workshop on 5/26 Attend a free workshop on Tuesday, May 26th at 6:30PM in Castro Valley to learn effective ways to fight identity theft at a local level through awareness and education. Please click on the link above for more information and/or to RSVP.
- 06/02/2015 We're Hiring Firefighter Recruits! Interested in being an Alameda County Firefighter? Click on the link above to learn more information about the Firefighter Recruit hiring process and submit an application online.
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.