- 11/29/2015 Applications are Open for Fire Code Compliance Officer (Provisional)(77KB) The ACFD is actively recruiting for full-time Fire Code Compliance Officers to conduct compliance inspections, investigate complaints, and perform related duties within Alameda County. Please click the link above for more information.
- 11/12/2015 We're Hiring! We're hiring a Fire Emergency Preparedness Manager. The deadline to apply is Monday, December 7, 2015 at 5PM. Please click on the link above for additional information and/or to apply online.
- 11/05/2015 ACFD Fire Station 34 Open House on 11/14!(1310KB) Join Alameda County Firefighters for an Open House at Fire Station 34 on Saturday, November 14, 2015 from 10AM to 2PM. Station 34 is located at 2333 Powell St. in Emeryville. Please click on the link above for more information.
- 11/02/2015 Celebrate Safely: Candle Safety Tips(630KB) During the months of November & December fire departments across the nation see an increase in reports of home candle fires. As you prepare your home for the winter, read & download this NFPA Candle Safety tip sheet to make sure your home is fire safe.
- 10/20/2015 10/27 Free Workshop: Handling Gas & Electrical Hazards Learn how to identify gas & electrical hazards and network with other Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) members from Alameda County during a free workshop at the San Leandro Marina Community Center (15301 Wicks Blvd, San Leandro, CA 94579) at 7PM.
- 09/30/2015 Learn More about Handling Gas & Electrical Hazards at a Free Workshop on 10/27 at 7PM Learn more about the importance and response for gas and electrical hazards during a disaster at our free Tri-Annual Training on October 27, 2015 at 7PM in San Leandro at the Marina Community Center. Please click on the link above for more information.
- 09/10/2015 Do You Have a Product That Has Been Recalled? Have you looked at the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's website lately? This is a great resource to find out the most up to date information on products that have been recalled.
- 08/17/2015 We'/re Hiring a Fire Department Account Clerk! Have an interest in accounting? Click on the link above to find out more information about how you can join the Alameda County Fire Department as an Account Clerk!
- 07/31/2015 We're Hiring a Geographic Systems Technician! Apply by Monday, August 10, 2015! Click on the link above to learn more about the position and to submit an application.
- 02/17/2015 February is American Heart Month! Did you know the month of February is American Heart Month? Stay heart healthy by clicking on the link above to learn more about the warning signs of a stroke, heart attack and/or cardiac arrest.
- 01/14/2015 ACFD Fire Station 34 Temporarily Closed for Major Building Repairs, Firefighters Relocated to ACFD Fire Station 35 From January 13, 2015 until late June/early July 2015, Alameda County Fire Station 34 on Powell Street in Emeryville will be temporarily closed for major building repairs. Firefighters normally housed at Station 34 will be relocated to ACFD Station 35.
- 12/26/2014 Put A Freeze On Winter Fires!(1187KB) Did you know that home fires occur more during the winter than in any other season? As you make adjustments to your residence in order to stay warm this winter, please click on the link above to review a few important seasonal fire safety tips.
- 12/03/2014 Put A Freeze on Winter Holiday Fires!(963KB) As you decorate your home this holiday season, review these fire safety tips to help reduce your risk for a home fire. Please click on the link above to download the fire safety tip sheet.
- 10/17/2014 Memorial Service on 10/23 Set to Honor William McCammon, First Fire Chief of the Alameda County Fire Department(20KB) The community is invited to honor the life of Chief McCammon at a memorial service on Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 11:00AM at the Alameda County Fairgrounds (4501 Pleasanton Avenue, Pleasanton, CA 94566) in Building A (Young California Building).
- 08/21/2015 We're Hiring a Fire Inspector! Have knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of fire prevention and investigation? Apply to join our team as a Fire Inspector! Click on the link above to learn more about the position and submit an application online.
- 07/31/2015 We're Hiring an Account Clerk! The deadline to apply is August 21, 2015. Please click on the link above for more information and to submit an application online.
- 07/07/2015 Help Save A Life! Install the Free PulsePoint App on your Smartphone! Help save someone's life by downloading the free PulsePoint App on your SmartPhone. Search PulsePoint in the Apple App Store or in Android Apps on Google Play. Click on the link above to learn more about the benefits of the App!
- 05/20/2015 May is Stroke Awareness Month--Learn the Sudden Signs of a Stroke!(199KB) A stroke stops blood from getting to the brain and can be disastrous. Do you know the signs and symptoms of a stroke? Click on the link above to download a poster for your office or home to help educate those around you. You just may save someone's life.
- 04/30/2015 Save the Date: The Alameda County Fire Fighters Annual Rowell Ranch Rodeo Pancake Breakfast is on 5/9 Join Alameda County Fire Fighters for the Annual Rowell Ranch Rodeo Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, 5/9 from 7AM-10AM at Fire Station #25 (20336 San Miguel Avenue) in Castro Valley. Tickets are $5 each and may be purchased at the door.
- 03/01/2015 How Will You Help Your Neighborhood When a Disaster Happens? Did you know the Alameda County Fire Department offers free Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and Personal Emergency Preparedness (PEP) Trainings? Click on the link above to learn more about the training opportunities scheduled through June 2015.
- 09/10/2015 Sign up for CERT Training or a Personal Emergency Preparedness Workshop this Fall... Sign up for a free CERT training or Personal Emergency Preparedness Workshop in the Fall! Please click on the link above for more information & to RSVP.
- 07/07/2015 Fire Season is Here...Is Your Home Ready? Fire Season in Alameda County is here. Is your home ready? Click on the link above to learn about the simple steps you can take to increase the chance of your home surviving a fire this summer.
- 06/02/2015 We're Hiring Firefighter Recruits! Interested in being an Alameda County Firefighter? Click on the link above to learn more information about the Firefighter Recruit hiring process and submit an application online.
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.