Climate Change LeadershipAlameda County promotes clean energy, energy and resource efficiency, and alternative fuels.
- First California county to join national Cool Counties Initiative, committing to reducing greenhouse gas emissions 80% by 2050.
- Saving taxpayers $820,000 per year with 3.3 megawatts of solar panels and a one-megawatt natural-gas fuel cell cogeneration plant
- Saving $6.5 million per year through energy efficiency retrofits
- Driving 68 gas-electric hybrids; operating 183 vehicles on B20 biodiesel
- Cool Counties Declaration (293Kb)*
- Climate Change Resolution 6-6-06 (929Kb)*
- Climate Change Resolution Press Release 6-21-06 (22Kb)*
- Cool Counties Initiative: http://www.acgov.org/coolcounties
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.