Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,

Share the Savings

Share the Savings Program

You have the option to waive County-sponsored medical coverage for yourself and/or your eligible dependents if you have coverage under another source. If you choose to waive medical, you may be eligible to receive a monthly stipend of up to $100 or $200, through the Share the Savings program.

The chart below indicates the Share the Savings stipend amounts available to employees working full-time.

Share the Savings Stipend

If You: You Will Receive a Stipend of up to:
  BTC, DSA, IFPTE Local 21 (16,60,77), UAPD, ACMEA Probation Mgr ACCA, ACMEA General and Confidential, ACMEA Sheriff’s Mgt Sworn and Non-Sworn, ACWFIA, CEMU, PACE, PPOA, Public Defender, SEIU, Teamsters, Unrep Managers, Unrep Non-Managers, TAP/SAN
Decline all medical plan coverage $100 $200
Reduce your coverage from "Family" to "Self" $75 $150
Reduce your coverage from "Family" to "Self + 1" $50 $100
Reduce your coverage from "Self + 1" to "Self" $50 $100
piggy bank

The Share the Savings stipend is prorated if the hours you work in a pay period are less than 100% of your job classification’s standard job hours. Employees working less than 50% of standard hours in a pay period are not eligible.

To decline medical coverage and enroll in the Share the Savings Program, you must demonstrate you have coverage under another medical plan, for example, through your spouse’s employer. Acceptable proof of coverage includes:

  • Letter from the administrator of the alternate medical plan (i.e., spouses employer, an agency or organization)
  • Letter from the medical carrier that is providing the alternate medical coverage
  • Online print-out from the alternate medical carrier's website

-- Back To Top --

* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.

** To view Microsoft Office Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents, you can download a free trial version of Office 365. Per Microsoft, you will be able to continue viewing files even after the trial has expired.

Alameda County sealAlameda County © 2019 • All Rights Reserved • Legal / DisclaimersAccessibility