Mission and Charge
Alameda County Interagency Children's Policy Council's (ICPC) mission is to improve outcomes for Alameda County's low-income and vulnerable children, youth and their families through cross-system collaboration. The Alameda County Board of Supervisors (BOS) charged ICPC with:
- Promoting better communication and coordination between County and private agencies serving children, youth and families throughout Alameda County;
- Ensuring that interagency and cross-systems protocols and practices are effectively implemented and evaluated;
- Providing leadership in the advocacy and development of legislative policies that improve and enhance service delivery and outcomes for children and youth;
- Reviewing funding and fiscal policies for children and youth services;
- Identifying and set priorities for interagency projects and cross-system reform to address unmet needs and service gaps that impact children and youth; and
- Advising and make recommendations to the BOS on policies and issues regarding Alameda County children and youth.