Programs & Services
The Public Works Agency offers many programs and services to the public including: Traffic/Safety, Building/Permitting, Flood Control, and Community Services.
- 10/18/2016 Estuary Bridge Openings for Training Purposes(402KB) Beginning October 24, 2016, the Public Works Agency will be conducting mandatory on-the-job training for new bridge tenders at all six estuary bridges. The training consists of bridge openings and closings, with intermittent delays of up to 10 minutes.
- 08/03/2016 Palomares Road Closure Between MM 8.5 and MM 8.7(220KB) Palomares Road will be closed to all traffic between mile marker 8.70 and 8.50, beginning August 3, 2016, through October 2016. This closure enables the Alameda County Resource Conservation District to complete a bridge replacement over Stonybrook Creek. For additional information, visit www.acrcd.org/NewsEvents
- 06/29/2016 Calaveras Road Weekend Closure Calaveras Road will be closed on WEEKDAYS ONLY between Geary Road and Oakridge Road, near the Santa Clara/Alameda County Line. Sunol Regional Wilderness entrance will be open at all times.
- 04/29/2016 Tassajara Roadwork Begins May 2 Beginning May 2, 2016, Tassajara Road/Camino Tassajara will be closed to motorists, cyclists and pedestrians to replace a failing culvert. This project will likely likely last until December. Those needing to travel between Dublin and Contra Costa County will need to take alternate routes.
- Wednesday, August 2, 2017 - Bid Opening - Slurry Seal of Various Roadways, Spec No. 2315