Programs & Services
The Public Works Agency offers many programs and services to the public including: Traffic/Safety, Building/Permitting, Flood Control, and Community Services.
- 03/04/2016 PG&E Community Pipeline Safety Project PGE is working with Alameda County and local residents to review areas around the natural gas transmission pipeline to check for items that could delay first responders from quickly accessing the pipeline in an emergency. Visit www.pge.com/GasSafety
- 08/03/2016 Palomares Road Closure Between MM 8.5 and MM 8.7(220KB) Palomares Road will be closed to all traffic between mile marker 8.70 and 8.50, beginning August 3, 2016, through October 2016. This closure enables the Alameda County Resource Conservation District to complete a bridge replacement over Stonybrook Creek. For additional information, visit www.acrcd.org/NewsEvents
- 06/29/2016 Calaveras Road Weekend Closure Starting July 5, 2016 and lasting for 18 months, Calaveras Road will be closed on WEEKDAYS ONLY between Geary Road and Oakridge Road ? near the Santa Clara/Alameda County Line. Sunol Regional Wilderness entrance will be open at all times. Calaveras Road opens Saturday mornings 6 am and closes Sunday evenings at 11 pm.
- 04/29/2016 Tassajara Roadwork Begins May 2 Beginning May 2, 2016, Tassajara Road/Camino Tassajara will be closed to motorists, cyclists and pedestrians to replace a failing culvert. This project will likely likely last until December. Those needing to travel between Dublin and Contra Costa County will need to take alternate routes.
- Wednesday, August 2, 2017 - Bid Opening - Slurry Seal of Various Roadways, Spec No. 2315