Other Useful Weblinks
- California State Contractors License Board
This site provides information on hiring a contractor and includes a search engine to find out if a person is licensed, whether the license is valid and what the license classification is.
- California Board of Architectural Examiners
This site has information regarding hiring an Architect. The specific page has good information regarding the do's and don'ts of hiring an Architect.
- California Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
This site has information regarding the different classifications of Professional Engineers and information regarding the do's and don'ts of hiring an Engineer or Land Surveyor.
- California Energy Commission
This web site has information regarding energy requirements for buildings
- International Code Council
This is the site for the organization which writes and publishes the Building Codes. It contains information on where to buy code books, evaluation reports for new building code products, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Work Exempt From Permit (2010 CBC) (PDF - 53kb)*
- Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms under 2010 CRC (PDF - 52kb)*
- Q&A Permit Exemptions (2010 CBC) (PDF - 41kb)*
Permit Application & Forms
- Online Permits (Re-roof & Water Heater replacement only)
**(IE10 users must click on "Compatibility View" mode under "Tool" to perform Online Permits)
- Uniform Building Permit Application (PDF - 115kb)* - Information on applying for a building permit
- Authorization of Agent To Act On Property (PDF - 92kb)*
- Notice To Owner Builder Form (PDF - 246kb)*
- Address Request Form (PDF - 83kb)*
- Request for Duplication of Plans Form (PDF - 87kb)*
Plan Check Information
- Plan requirements for small projects
- Plan requirements for additions
- Plan requirements for new buildings
- Plan requirements for Non-Residential projects (PDF - 52kb)*
- Weekly Permit Records (PDF - 65kb)*
The information and/or any documents that appear on this site may not reflect the most current adopted codes, policies or procedures. Please contact this office for additional information.
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.