Apply for a Permit
STEP 1 : Read these definitions
Vapor Monitoring Well
- WATER SUPPLY WELLS - wells designed for the extraction of groundwater to SUPPLY water. This includes domestic, irrigation, industrial and municipal supply wells.
- MONITORING WELLS - (water, piezometer/seismic monitoring wells) - are semi-permanent or permanent wells made for the purpose of monitoring fluctuations and to take periodic groundwater samples to characterize and MONITOR the quality of the environment and to check for the presence of hazardous materials or other environmental conditions at a site.
- VAPOR MONITORING WELLS - are semi-permanent or permanent wells made for the purpose of monitoring fluctuations and to take periodic soil gas samples to characterize and MONITOR the quality of the environment and to check for the presence of hazardous materials or other environmental conditions at a site.
- REMEDIATION SYSTEMS (including injection and extraction wells) - systems or individual wells designed for the REMOVAL of pollution or contaminants from environmental media.
- BORINGS - this includes any drilling activity that is concluded and grouted within 72 hours. No structures of any kind may be left in place, including tubing, wires, cables, well boxes. Exemptions or extensions are at the discretion of the Agency and can be requested from Inspector.
STEP 2 : CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT
PLEASE NOTE: EXTENSIONS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All necessary approvals and permits should be obtained before applying for a drilling permit in order to ensure that permitted work will be completed in the time allotted. Refunds cannot be guaranteed. Refund forms may be requested for cancelled work. Acceptance of a filled out refund form does not guarantee grant of a refund. Permits that are expired may not be eligible for refunds. Refunds for amounts over $500 will need to be submitted to the Alameda County Board of Supervisors for approval. Acceptance of a request for extension does not guarantee that a later refund request will be approved.