Vote By Mail
- No more waiting in line at the polls
- No more scheduling hassles on Election Day
- Carefully evaluate each issue at your leisure
- Complete your ballot in the comfort of your own home
Become a Permanent Vote-by-Mail Voter
Any voter may request to be a permanent vote-by-mail voter in the following ways:
- Complete, print, and mail us this form
- Download Vote By Mail Application - Permanent Status (PDF - 29kb) *
- 永久郵寄投票選民身份申請表 (PDF - 186kb) *
- Solicitud Para Obtener Estatus Permanente Como Votante De Votación Por Correo (PDF - 29kb) *
- Aplikasyon Para Sa Istadong Permanent Vote By Mail Na Botante (PDF - 29kb) *
- Đơn Xin Cho Tình Trạng Bầu Phiếu Bằng Thư Vĩnh Viễn (PDF - 45kb) *
Once you become a permanent vote-by-mail voter, you will automatically receive a ballot by mail for every election.
Request One-Time Vote-by-Mail Ballot
Any voter may request a vote-by-mail ballot in the following ways:
- Apply Online.
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 is the last day to request a Vote-by-Mail Ballot for the November 8, 2016 General Election.
November 8, 2016 - General Election
2016年11月8日 - 大選
Elección General - 8 de noviembre del 2016
Nobyembre 8, 2016 - Pangkalahatang Halalan
Cuộc Tổng Tuyển Cử - Ngày 8 Tháng Mười Một, 2016
- Call (510) 272-6973 to request a ballot to be mailed to you.
- E-mail, Fax, or mail us a letter requesting a vote-by-mail ballot and include your name, home address, the address to which you want the ballot mailed, and your signature.
Only the registered voter himself or herself may apply for a vote-by-mail ballot. An application for a vote by mail ballot that is made by any person other than the registered voter is a criminal offence.
All requests must be received in the Registrar of Voters office no later than 7 days before an election by 5:00 PM.
∗postmarks are unacceptable
Mail to: 1225 Fallon Street, Room G-1
Oakland, California 94612
Fax: (510) 272-6982
Return Your Vote by Mail Ballot
Your Vote-by-Mail Ballot must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received by the Registrar of Voters office no later than 3 days after Election Day.
- At the Registrar of Voters office during business hours; 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
- At any polling place in Alameda County from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Election Day
- At any drop-box location: See below for locations and hours.
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT...
Remember to sign the back of your return envelope!
Vote by Mail Ballot Drop-Off Sites
Vote by Mail voters who do not want to mail in their ballots can drop their voted ballots off at any 24-hour location.
Vote by Mail voters may also drop off their ballots at the Registrar of Voters office Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. located at 1225 Fallon Street, Rm. G-1, in Oakland. Map / Directions
Busy schedule? No problem!
Drive through and drop off your voted ballot at our Ballot Drop Stop located at 1225 Fallon Street in Oakland.
The Ballot Drop Stop Hours
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Saturday, October 29, 2016
- Sunday, October 30, 2016
- Saturday, November 5, 2016
- Sunday, November 6, 2016
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Election Day, Tuesday, November 8, 2016
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.