Vote By Mail
- No more waiting in line at the polls
- No more scheduling hassles on Election Day
- Carefully evaluate each issue at your leisure
- Complete your ballot in the comfort of your own home
Request One-Time Vote-by-Mail Ballot
Any voter may request a vote-by-mail ballot in the following ways:
- Apply Online.
The Online Vote By Mail ballot application will be available 40 days before the June 7, 2016 General Election.
- Call (510) 272-6973 to request a ballot to be mailed to you.
- E-mail, Fax, or mail us a letter requesting a vote-by-mail ballot and include your name, home address, the address to which you want the ballot mailed, and your signature.
Only the registered voter himself or herself may apply for a vote-by-mail ballot. An application for a vote by mail ballot that is made by any person other than the registered voter is a criminal offence.
All requests must be received in the Registrar of Voters office no later than 7 days before an election by 5:00 PM.
∗postmarks are unacceptable
Mail to: 1225 Fallon Street, Room G-1
Oakland, California 94612
Fax: (510) 272-6982
Become a Permanent Vote-by-Mail Voter
Any voter may request to be a permanent vote-by-mail voter in the following ways:
- Complete, print, and mail us this form
Download Vote By Mail Application - Permanent Status (PDF - 41kb) *
- Fax or mail us a letter requesting to become a permanent vote-by-mail voter and include your name, home address, the address to which you want the ballot mailed, and your signature.
Once you become a permanent vote-by-mail voter, you will automatically receive a ballot by mail for every election.
Return Your Vote by Mail Ballot
Your Vote-by-Mail Ballot must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received by the Registrar of Voters office no later than 3 days after Election Day.
- At the Registrar of Voters office during business hours; 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
- At any polling place in Alameda County from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Election Day
- At any drop-box location: See below for locations and hours.
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT...
Remember to sign the back of your return envelope!
Vote by Mail Ballot Drop-Off Sites
Vote by Mail voters who do not want to mail in their ballot can drop their voted ballots off at any of these drop-off sites.
|ALAMEDA COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING||1221 Oak St, Oakland – located on the corner of 12th St and Oak St|
|RENÉ C. DAVIDSON COURTHOUSE||1225 Fallon St, Oakland – located on the entrance ramp on 12th St|
Other Drop-Off Site
|RENÉ C. DAVIDSON COURTHOUSE||1225 Fallon St, Oakland – located inside the courthouse next to the Sheriff’s check-in station||Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm|
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.