Vote By Mail
- No more waiting in line at the polls
- No more scheduling hassles on Election Day
- Carefully evaluate each issue at your leisure
- Complete your ballot in the comfort of your own home
HOW TO OBTAIN A VOTE-BY-MAIL BALLOT
Any voter may request a vote-by-mail ballot in the following ways:
- Apply Online
The Vote By Mail Online Application will become avaliable 40 days before the next election.
- Call (510) 272-6973 to request a ballot to be mailed to you.
- E-Mail, Fax, or mail us a letter requesting a vote-by-mail ballot and Include your name, home address, the address to which you want the ballot mailed, and your signature.
Only the registered voter himself or herself may apply for a vote-by-mail ballot. An application for a vote by mail ballot that is made by any person other than the registered voter is a criminal offence.
All requests must be received in the Registrar of Voters office no later than 7 days before an election by 5:00 PM.
∗postmarks are unacceptable
Mail to: 1225 Fallon St. Room G1
HOW TO BECOME A PERMANENT VOTE-BY-MAIL VOTER
Any voter may request to be a permanent vote-by-mail voter in the following ways:
- Complete, print, and mail us this form
Download Vote By Mail Application - Permanent Status (41Kb)
- E-mail, fax, or mail us a letter requesting to become a permanent vote-by-mail voter and include your name, home address, the address to which you want the ballot mailed, and your signature.
Once you become a permanent vote-by-mail voter, you will automatically receive a ballot by mail for every election.
How to Return Your Vote by Mail Ballot
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT...
Remember to sign the back of your return envelope!
Registrar of Voters
1225 Fallon Street Room G-1
Oakland, CA 94612
- At the Registrar of Voters office during business hours; 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday
- At any polling place in Alameda County from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Election Day
- At any drop-box location: click the link below for locations and hours of operation
Ballot Drop-Off Sites (pdf)