Vote By Mail
- No more waiting in line at the polls
- No more scheduling hassles on Election Day
- Carefully evaluate each issue at your leisure
- Complete your ballot in the comfort of your own home
Request One-Time Vote-by-Mail Ballot
Any voter may request a vote-by-mail ballot in the following ways:
- Apply Online.
The last day to request a Vote By Mail ballot is Tuesday, May 12, 2015.
May 19, 2015 - 7th State Senate District Special General Election
2015年5月19日 - 第七州參議院區特別普選
19 de mayo del 2015 - Elección General Especial, 7o Distrito del Senado Estatal
Mayo 19, 2015 - Espesyal na Pangkalahatang Halalan ng ika-7 Distrito ng Senado ng Estado
Ngày 19 Tháng Năm, 2015 - Cuộc Tổng Tuyển Cử Ðặc Biệt Thượng Viện Tiểu Bang Ðịa Hạt 7
- Call (510) 272-6973 to request a ballot to be mailed to you.
- E-mail, Fax, or mail us a letter requesting a vote-by-mail ballot and include your name, home address, the address to which you want the ballot mailed, and your signature.
Only the registered voter himself or herself may apply for a vote-by-mail ballot. An application for a vote by mail ballot that is made by any person other than the registered voter is a criminal offence.
All requests must be received in the Registrar of Voters office no later than 7 days before an election by 5:00 PM.
∗postmarks are unacceptable
Mail to: 1225 Fallon Street, Room G-1
Oakland, California 94612
Fax: (510) 272-6982
Become a Permanent Vote-by-Mail Voter
Any voter may request to be a permanent vote-by-mail voter in the following ways:
- Complete, print, and mail us this form
Download Vote By Mail Application - Permanent Status (PDF - 41kb) *
- Fax or mail us a letter requesting to become a permanent vote-by-mail voter and include your name, home address, the address to which you want the ballot mailed, and your signature.
Once you become a permanent vote-by-mail voter, you will automatically receive a ballot by mail for every election.
Return Your Vote by Mail Ballot
Registrar of Voters
1225 Fallon Street, Room G-1
Oakland, California 94612
Recommended Postage: 70¢
- Your ballot must be postmarked no later than Election Day.
- Mail your Vote by Mail Ballot by May 14 to ensure it is received in time to be processed.
- At the Registrar of Voters office during business hours; 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
- At any polling place in Alameda County from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Election Day
- At any drop-box location: See below for locations and hours.
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT...
Remember to sign the back of your return envelope!
Vote by Mail Ballot Drop-Off Sites
May 19, 2015 – 7th State Senate District Special General Election
Vote by Mail voters who do not want to mail in their ballot can drop their voted ballots off at any of these drop-off sites.
|ALAMEDA COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING||1221 Oak St, Oakland – located on the corner of 12th St and Oak St|
|RENÉ C. DAVIDSON COURTHOUSE||1225 Fallon St, Oakland – located on the entrance ramp on 12th St|
Other Drop-Off Site
|RENÉ C. DAVIDSON COURTHOUSE||1225 Fallon St, Oakland – located inside the courthouse next to the Sheriff’s check-in station||Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm|
City Clerk Drop-Off Sites
*contact the City Clerk for business hours.
|Dublin City Offices||100 Civic Plaza
Dublin, CA 94568
|Livermore City Hall||1052 South Livermore Ave.
Livermore, CA 94550
|Pleasanton City Hall||123 Main St.
Pleasanton, CA 94566
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.