Health Plan Provider Resources
For County Employees Who Are Kaiser Members:
Disease Prevention and Health Education
- Get the boost you need to make healthy changes with a health class. (Classes vary by location and some classes may require a fee.)
- Listen for better health with downloadable podcasts on a variety of subjects from lowering stress to sleeping better.
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs— A personalized online program to reach your health goals. Provides support to lose weight, manage chronic conditions, quit smoking, and more. Includes a total health assessment.
- Tools and calculators to help identify your healthy weight, how many calories you burn, and more.
Member discount programs
- Get reduced rates on 10,000 Steps® Pedometer Program and complementary care services such as acupuncture, chiropractic care, and massage
Answers to Health Questions
- Health encyclopedia is a convenient and trustworthy way to take care of your health and the health of your family.
- Know the safety and effectiveness of medicines with our drug encyclopedia and natural medicines database.
- Watch videos on caring for a new baby, diabetes, asthma, and more.
For County Employees Who Are UHC/Pacificare HMO Members:
24-hour Nurse Line & Audio Library
You can call 1-866-PHS-Health (1-866-747-4325) from anywhere in the United States (including Guam) anytime, and listen to prerecorded health topics. Members also have the option of being connected to a licensed registered nurse on our *24-Hour Nurse Line.
Disease Management Programs
These programs are conducted in coordination with your physician’s care. Condition include: Cancer, Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Asthma, Depression, and Diabetes.
Take Charge of Your Health Programs
These self-directed education programs focus on self-care and lifestyle changes and are intended to complement your physician's care:
- Stop Smoking
- Taking Charge of Asthma
- Taking Charge of Diabetes
- Taking Charge of Your Doctor Visit
- Taking Charge of Your Heart Health
Healthy Mind Healthy Body e-newsletter
Online Wellness Resources
- Health Coaching to help manage smoking cessation, weight loss, stress, diabetes, and heart-healthy lifestyles.
- Personal Health Record (PHR)
- Health Assessment to help determine your potential health risks.
Health Discount Program
PacifiCare Perks provide savings on a range of health and fitness activities, products and services in the following areas: health & safety for moms and kids, smoking cessation, weight and fitness, vision care, hearing care & services, and chiropractic and acupuncture.
For County Employees Who Are United Healthcare PPO Members:
Disease Management and Prevention Programs - Benefits include:
- Health education support
Use NurseLineSM or our live Nurse Chat to get answers about non-urgent medical issues, medication interactions or advice on when to see your doctor.
Receive personalized risk assessments for 20+ chronic conditions including asthma, diabetes, congestive heart failure and coronary artery disease.
Learn self-care skills, get coaching on risk avoidance and find in-depth condition information.
- Care management
Certified nurses will help identify potential gaps in your treatment plan and make sure you understand your physician’s care instructions.
- Care CoordinationSM
Nurses connect you with community agencies that can offer support or assistance with your treatment option, or help you manage multiple diseases.
- Longitudinal case management
If you have a severe condition, a team of nurses will provide individualized coaching and support over time.
Online Wellness Programs – Benefits include:
- Personal Health Assessment
- Take Action self-directed coaching programs. Topics include: Smoking Cessation, Diabetes Lifestyle, Heart Healthy Lifestyle and more.
- Healthy Mind Healthy Body Newsletter
Health Discount Program
- Member health discount program helps you save 5 to 50 percent on many products and services including weight loss programs, fitness clubs, smoking cessation programs, and more.