None at this time.
- Thursday, December 11, 2014 - Commission Meeting
- Thursday, January 8, 2015 - Commission Meeting
- Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - Commission Meeting
Welcome to the Alameda County
Consumer Affairs Commission
The purpose of the Alameda County Consumer Affairs Commission is to promote and protect the best interests of the consumer public, to encourage the highest standards in the business community and to develop a high level of consumer awareness.
News & Announcements
- 11/13/2014 How To Request Review Of Your 2014-2015 Property Taxes Do you feel that your property is being over assessed and you would like the Assessor's Office review it for free? The opportunity to file an Informal Review ends 12/10/14. For more information you can call 510-272-3787.
- 11/13/2014 California College Student Debt At Graduate Lower Than National Average. California college students graduate with less debt than students in most states, and university, state and federal policy has shielded the state's low-income students from the dramatic fee increases of the past decade, according to two separate reports.
- 11/13/2014 California Auto Insurance Fraud Investigation Nets (54) Bay Area Arrests. A statewide investigation into auto insurance fraud resulted in the arrest of 54 people throughout the Bay Area, the state Department of Insurance announced Wednesday.
- 11/13/2014 Credit Reports - New FICO Score 9 and Medical Collection Accounts The new FICO Score 9 introduces a more nuanced way to assess consumer collection information bypassing paid collection agency accounts and offering a sophisticated treatment differentiating medical from non medical accounts. See www.fico.com for more info
None at this time.
- 11/13/2014 Holiday Season Crime Prevention Tips - Walking #1. Stick to well light areas, avoid shortcuts thru parking lots or alleys. #2 Do not flash large amounts of cash or other items like jewelry. #3. Carry purses close to your body. #4. Carry wallets inside coats/front pocket. 5. Use ATM at night.