- Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 2015 Annual Consumer Affairs Commission Conference entitled "Weapons Like Toys"
- Thursday, October 8, 2015 - Commission Meeting
- Thursday, November 12, 2015 - Commission Meeting
- Thursday, December 10, 2015 - Commission Meeting
Welcome to the Alameda County
Consumer Affairs Commission
The purpose of the Alameda County Consumer Affairs Commission is to promote and protect the best interests of the consumer public, to encourage the highest standards in the business community and to develop a high level of consumer awareness.
News & Announcements
None at this time.
- 08/11/2015 Social Security at 80: Modest changes could save program As Social Security approaches its 80th birthday Friday, the federal government's largest benefit program stands at a pivotal point in its history. Relatively modest changes to taxes and benefits could still save it for generations of America.......
- 08/11/2015 Senate report urges government crackdown on airline fees The government should crack down on airline fees for things like seat reservations, checked baggage and ticket changes or cancellations, which are often unfair or hidden from consumers, according to a Senate report released Thursday.......
- 08/13/2015 AVOIDING WIRING SCAMS Wiring money is like sending cash. DO NOT wire money to people you do not know! Most scams look like this: * Someone you do not know asks you to wire money. * You won a prize, or money, but you have to pay a fee 1st. * You won the lottery.
- 08/26/2015 National Food Safety Education Month(508KB) ?National Food Safety Education Month? begins in September 2015. Resources are available on-line at http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Food/ResourcesForYou/UCM222258.pdf or from the San Francisco District Office at (510)337-6736.