- Saturday, October 17, 2015 - 2015 Annual Consumer Affairs Commission Conference entitled "Weapons Like Toys"
- Thursday, September 10, 2015 - Commission Meeting
- Thursday, October 8, 2015 - Commission Meeting
- Thursday, November 12, 2015 - Commission Meeting
Welcome to the Alameda County
Consumer Affairs Commission
The purpose of the Alameda County Consumer Affairs Commission is to promote and protect the best interests of the consumer public, to encourage the highest standards in the business community and to develop a high level of consumer awareness.
News & Announcements
- 08/13/2015 District 2 Appoints Kashmir Singh Dhugga to the Consumer Affairs Commission Mr. Singh Dhugga was appointed by District 2 Board of Supervisor Richard Valle to serve on the Consumer Affairs Commission. Mr. Dhugga Singh is a resident of Hayward and was appointed to serve on April 07, 2015.
- 08/11/2015 Social Security at 80: Modest changes could save program As Social Security approaches its 80th birthday Friday, the federal government's largest benefit program stands at a pivotal point in its history. Relatively modest changes to taxes and benefits could still save it for generations of America.......
- 08/11/2015 Senate report urges government crackdown on airline fees The government should crack down on airline fees for things like seat reservations, checked baggage and ticket changes or cancellations, which are often unfair or hidden from consumers, according to a Senate report released Thursday.......
- 08/13/2015 AVOIDING WIRING SCAMS Wiring money is like sending cash. DO NOT wire money to people you do not know! Most scams look like this: * Someone you do not know asks you to wire money. * You won a prize, or money, but you have to pay a fee 1st. * You won the lottery.
- 08/26/2015 National Food Safety Education Month(508KB) ?National Food Safety Education Month? begins in September 2015. Resources are available on-line at http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Food/ResourcesForYou/UCM222258.pdf or from the San Francisco District Office at (510)337-6736.