Skip County Header
Alameda County, CA,

Alameda County Department of Child Support Services website was recently redesigned and moved to a new location. Please update your bookmarks to point to the new location at:
Contact Us!
5669 Gibraltar Drive
Pleasanton CA 94588-8547
Toll Free: 1-866-901-3212
(24 hour automated system)
Fax: (925) 468-9297
Open a Case

eCommunications button.

Electronically receive payment information, appointment reminders and select documents to assist you in managing your child support case. Enroll in eCommunications to receive notifications directly to your email.

Coming Soon!

Make your child support payment with cash today through MoneyGram inside retailers like CVS/pharmacy or Walmart.
Low cost fee of only $1.99

You will need your child support participant ID and provide Receive Code 14630 for payment to CA SDU (California State Disbursement Unit)

MoneyGram logo

Visit Alameda County Department
of Child Support Services YouTube
channel for information on the
child support program, preparing
for court, parentage, etc.
(click here)
YouTube logo

The Alameda County Department of Child Support Services now accepts credit/debit card payments over the phone or directly with a child support representative. Traditional MasterCard and VISA cards are accepted, as well as, ATM cards with the MasterCard or VISA logo.

Pic of Credit Cards.

California Department of Child Support Services presents a new Mobile App

CAChildSup logo

Download CAChildSup app for free
via the App StoreSM or the
Google Play´┐Ż Store

Click Here for More Information

Security Alert for California EPC Cardholders

Protect your privacy and identity.

The California Department of Child Support Services currently does not utilize smart phone apps for activity related to your California EPC debit card. Using such applications may subject you to scams which try to fraudulently obtain your banking information, including your User ID log-on and password.

If you believe your account has been compromised, please call EPPICard. The number is on the back of your card.

For other ways to protect your personal information and avoid identity theft, visit the California Office of Privacy Protection. Information is also available at

$25 Annual Service Fee

In the Federal Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, Public Law 109-171, all states were instructed to impose a $25 Annual Service Fee to non-welfare families (never-assisted cases) who are disbursed $500 or more during the federal fiscal year. Read more...

WELCOME to the Alameda County Department of Child Support Services Web Page!

"Our Mission is to establish paternity, and medical and child support orders and to collect child and spousal support payments in an efficient and cost effective manner while maintaining the respect and dignity of the public we serve."

The Alameda County Department of Child Support Services establishes paternity and child support orders, collects child, medical, and spousal support payments, modifies orders and provides medical enforcement services.

Photo of the Child Support Services building.

Any custodial or non-custodial party may request that the Alameda County Department of Child Support Services aid in collecting the court ordered support. You are eligible regardless of whether or not you are receiving public assistance (CalWORKs or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)).

To print an Application for Services or to apply for services online, please visit the California Department of Child Support Services website. A case will be opened within twenty days of receipt of a completed application or welfare referral.


There are many resources at our disposal to assure payment of child support by the absent mother or father.

An account can be opened only if there is a court order for child support. If there is no order, our office will attempt to establish one for you.

If the non-custodial parent fails to pay after the account is opened, our department will use a variety of enforcement actions against the non-paying parent.

If you are receiving CalWORKs, you have automatically assigned to Alameda County your right to receive all current child support. Child support payments MUST come through Child Support Services. These payments will offset CalWORKs cash benefits you receive. Should the amount collected based on the court order exceed the amount of aid you received, the excess will be passed on to you.

If you are not receiving CalWORKs, your support payments will be sent to you within two working days from the day the State Disbursement Unit receives the payment.


Our staff is fully trained to effectively pursue collection of your support. However, as a County agency we cannot give you the same personal attention as a private attorney.

We realize that your support payments are very important to you, but remember, LEGAL & ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS TAKE TIME. We will do everything we can to reach a quick conclusion.

The caseworker handling your case will promptly contact you if your case needs to be discussed after it is opened. Contact with our office should be in writing, by telephone, fax or e-mail.

The interactive voice response telephone system is available 24 hours a day to provide payment information and to answer many of your general questions. This web site also has Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to answer many of your questions. The information on this website is not intended to replace legal advice or counsel.

Our CALL CENTER is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. to answer your case-specific questions.


There are limits to our service.


  1. Take any action to enforce your support unless it is more than one month late.
  2. Change custody or visitation.
  3. Prevent harassment, or handle restraining orders.
  4. Handle divorce proceedings.
  5. Establish spousal support orders.
  6. We do not legally represent either the custodial or non-custodial party's interests. Our attorneys are not your attorneys
  7. By law, we have the final decision as to which enforcement actions will or will not be taken in a case.


If you are the Custodial Party:

  • Let us know the non-custodial parent's Social Security Number--it is our most valuable piece of information.
  • Let us know if you hear that the non-custodial parent has a new address, telephone number, or employer.
  • Let us know if you go to court and custody is changed or if the amount of child support to be paid is changed.
  • Let us know when you move and always make sure that we have a daytime telephone number so we can reach you.
  • Let us know if you receive a direct payment of child or spousal support from the non-custodial parent. If you are receiving TANF benefits you are required by law to mail the direct payment to us. If you are not receiving TANF benefits, we request that you bring or mail the payment to us so your account will be accurate.

If you are the Non-Custodial Parent:

  • Let us know when you move and always make sure that we have a daytime telephone number so we can reach you.
  • Let us know if you go to court and custody is changed or if the amount of child support to be paid is changed.

Information may be given to a Call Center representative who will assure swift follow-up.

The Welfare Department will notify us if aid is discontinued. We will continue to enforce your case unless you notify us in writing that you want our services stopped.

Like private attorneys, we expect and require your full cooperation and assistance. We do not know the other parent as well as you do and your knowledge, if relevant to collecting support, is important to us.

You will be treated with respect when you contact our office, and we are sure you will extend to us the same courtesy.


When you contact our office, please have your case number available.

There are many resources available to locate the non-custodial parent and equally many ways to prove ability to pay child support. There are legal actions that can be taken and courts that will cooperate in the enforcement of child support orders. We have a staff of well-trained workers who are dedicated to the collection of your child support.

Nonetheless, we are not always successful. We will always be faced with the following:

  • People whom we cannot locate
  • Those who do not earn enough to pay child support
  • Parents who lack sufficient responsibility to support their children.

We are committed to the collection of your child support. We know how important prompt payment is to you.

Back to Top

Alameda County sealAlameda County © 2019 • All Rights Reserved • Legal / DisclaimersAccessibility