News & Announcements
- 01/16/2014 EALI is Now on Facebook! Our Facebook page will provide updates, mini recaps of meetings, pictures, videos, and more. Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/EdenAreaLivabilityInitiative and "like" us!
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Thursday, March 13, 2014 - Governance Working Group
- Thursday, April 3, 2014 - Public Safety & Realignment Working Group
- Thursday, April 17, 2014 - Agriculture & Environment Working Group
The Eden Area Livability Initiative is an integrated partnership between the community, the county and other public sector jurisdictions that have a stake in the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County. The Livability Initiative is the strategic development of a shared vision that plans to build pride for the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County.
- To create, strengthen, and sustain a livable community in the western unincorporated areas of Alameda County
- To encourage planning and action across disciplines and interest areas
- To engage the community in a significant way
- To call for County Agencies to collaborate in new ways
- To build stronger partnerships between the County, other jurisdictions and the community
- To increase community participation in decisions that affects the community
- To find a shared community vision
- To ensure coordination and implementation of this vision and plan between government and the community
- To strengthen relationships between government and the community