News & Announcements
- 06/13/2017 Community meeting on immigrant and refugee rights(1427KB) Supervisor Miley will be hosting an Immigrant and Refugee Community Meeting on June 14th at REACH Ashland Youth Center from 7-9pm. The purpose of this meeting is to inform the immigrant and refugee community of their legal rights and allow participants t
- 06/13/2017 Mobile Market(352KB) Ashland Village Apartments will have the Alameda County Mobile Market this summer! During July and August there also be a representative that can assist with CalFresh applications or answer any questions you may have.
- 06/13/2017 Eden Night Live(3386KB) Stop by at Eden Night Live's new location!There will be outdoor activities, community vendors, locally sourced foods, live music and entertainment. Admission is FREE!
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - Economic Development Forum
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - Economic Development Forum
The Eden Area Livability Initiative is an integrated partnership between the community, the county and other public sector jurisdictions that have a stake in the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County. The Livability Initiative is the strategic development of a shared vision that plans to build pride for the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County.
- To create, strengthen, and sustain a livable community in the western unincorporated areas of Alameda County
- To encourage planning and action across disciplines and interest areas
- To engage the community in a significant way
- To call for County Agencies to collaborate in new ways
- To build stronger partnerships between the County, other jurisdictions and the community
- To increase community participation in decisions that affects the community
- To find a shared community vision
- To ensure coordination and implementation of this vision and plan between government and the community
- To strengthen relationships between government and the community