News & Announcements
- 10/01/2014 Alameda County Small Business Workshops(173KB) Interested in starting a small business? Attend these workshops to learn how to Start a Food Business, Start a Home-Based Business, Developing Successful Business Plan, Retailing 101, and more.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Thursday, December 4, 2014 - Governance Working Group
The Eden Area Livability Initiative is an integrated partnership between the community, the county and other public sector jurisdictions that have a stake in the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County. The Livability Initiative is the strategic development of a shared vision that plans to build pride for the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County.
- To create, strengthen, and sustain a livable community in the western unincorporated areas of Alameda County
- To encourage planning and action across disciplines and interest areas
- To engage the community in a significant way
- To call for County Agencies to collaborate in new ways
- To build stronger partnerships between the County, other jurisdictions and the community
- To increase community participation in decisions that affects the community
- To find a shared community vision
- To ensure coordination and implementation of this vision and plan between government and the community
- To strengthen relationships between government and the community