News & Announcements
- 07/16/2015 Cherryland Fire Station Groundbreaking Ceremony(236KB) Join us to celebrate a new Fire Station for Cherryland on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 2 p.m. This ceremony will take place at 19745 Meekland Ave., Hayward.
- 05/28/2015 Schedule of June and July EALI Working Group Meetings(179KB) Help make EALI a success with your participation and input!
Upcoming Meetings & Events
None at this time.
The Eden Area Livability Initiative is an integrated partnership between the community, the county and other public sector jurisdictions that have a stake in the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County. The Livability Initiative is the strategic development of a shared vision that plans to build pride for the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County.
- To create, strengthen, and sustain a livable community in the western unincorporated areas of Alameda County
- To encourage planning and action across disciplines and interest areas
- To engage the community in a significant way
- To call for County Agencies to collaborate in new ways
- To build stronger partnerships between the County, other jurisdictions and the community
- To increase community participation in decisions that affects the community
- To find a shared community vision
- To ensure coordination and implementation of this vision and plan between government and the community
- To strengthen relationships between government and the community