News & Announcements
- 12/15/2017 Alameda County Community Food Bank Mobile Market(344KB) Ashland Mobile Market?free food and a lot of it?is next Tuesday, 12/19 from 2-4pm. This is a fantastic opportunity that Eden Housing has arranged. Make sure you stop by
- 10/19/2017 ACSO Winter 2017 Citizens Academy(59KB) Get an inside look at the Alameda County Sheriff's Office through presentations given by the specialized units, take tours of facilities, and learn about your local law enforcement. They will be from October 25, 2017 to February 7, 2018.
- 07/24/2017 Alameda County Citizen's Academy 2017(138KB) The 2017 Citizen?s Academy is starting! This annual six-week civic engagement Academy is a free opportunity for you to learn about the County's mission and goals. See flyer memo for more info.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - Eden Area Neighborhood Leadership Council
- Thursday, February 1, 2018 - Governance Working Group
- Thursday, April 5, 2018 - Governance Working Group
The Eden Area Livability Initiative is an integrated partnership between the community, the county and other public sector jurisdictions that have a stake in the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County. The Livability Initiative is the strategic development of a shared vision that plans to build pride for the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County.
- To create, strengthen, and sustain a livable community in the western unincorporated areas of Alameda County
- To encourage planning and action across disciplines and interest areas
- To engage the community in a significant way
- To call for County Agencies to collaborate in new ways
- To build stronger partnerships between the County, other jurisdictions and the community
- To increase community participation in decisions that affects the community
- To find a shared community vision
- To ensure coordination and implementation of this vision and plan between government and the community
- To strengthen relationships between government and the community