News & Announcements
- 02/03/2016 Overview of EALI Phase II Working Groups and their Next Steps(316KB) The Eden Area Livability Initiative, better known as EALI, is a partnership and community visioning process. You might have heard of EALI, but here is what they are achieving to date.
- 02/03/2016 February 2016 - March 2016 EALI II Working Group Meeting Schedule(368KB) Help make EALI II a success with your participation and input. Join us at the upcoming February - March meetings!
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - Public Safety & Realignment Working Group
- Thursday, February 25, 2016 - Agriculture & Environment Working Group
- Thursday, March 3, 2016 - Economic Development Working Group
The Eden Area Livability Initiative is an integrated partnership between the community, the county and other public sector jurisdictions that have a stake in the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County. The Livability Initiative is the strategic development of a shared vision that plans to build pride for the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County.
- To create, strengthen, and sustain a livable community in the western unincorporated areas of Alameda County
- To encourage planning and action across disciplines and interest areas
- To engage the community in a significant way
- To call for County Agencies to collaborate in new ways
- To build stronger partnerships between the County, other jurisdictions and the community
- To increase community participation in decisions that affects the community
- To find a shared community vision
- To ensure coordination and implementation of this vision and plan between government and the community
- To strengthen relationships between government and the community