News & Announcements
- 03/16/2015 Revised Schedule of EALI II Working Group Meetings #7 as of 4.9.15(243KB) The following two meeting dates have been changed. Governance Working Group - Tuesday, April 28 (Formerly April 23rd) and Public Safety & Realignment Working Group - Tuesday, May 19 (Formerly May 5th).
- 03/04/2015 Special Joint Agriculture & Environment / Education Working Group Meeting Meeting will be on Monday, April 27 from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. At the REACH Ashland Youth Center located at 16335 E. 14 Street, Ashland. Meeting will be in the Youth Leadership Room.
- 10/01/2014 Alameda County Small Business Workshops(173KB) Interested in starting a small business? Attend these workshops to learn how to Start a Food Business, Start a Home-Based Business, Developing Successful Business Plan, Retailing 101, and more.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - Governance Working Group
- Thursday, May 7, 2015 - Economic Development Working Group
- Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - Public Safety & Realignment Working Group
The Eden Area Livability Initiative is an integrated partnership between the community, the county and other public sector jurisdictions that have a stake in the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County. The Livability Initiative is the strategic development of a shared vision that plans to build pride for the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County.
- To create, strengthen, and sustain a livable community in the western unincorporated areas of Alameda County
- To encourage planning and action across disciplines and interest areas
- To engage the community in a significant way
- To call for County Agencies to collaborate in new ways
- To build stronger partnerships between the County, other jurisdictions and the community
- To increase community participation in decisions that affects the community
- To find a shared community vision
- To ensure coordination and implementation of this vision and plan between government and the community
- To strengthen relationships between government and the community