News & Announcements
- 08/13/2015 Schedule of EALI Working Group Meetings #9(143KB) The next meetings of the Eden Area Livability Initiative Phase II Working Groups will be held in September and October. Help make EALI II a success with your participating and feedback!
- 07/16/2015 Cherryland Fire Station Groundbreaking Ceremony(236KB) Join us to celebrate a new Fire Station for Cherryland on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 2 p.m. This ceremony will take place at 19745 Meekland Ave., Hayward.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Thursday, September 10, 2015 - Agriculture & Environment Working Group
- Thursday, September 24, 2015 - Governance Working Group
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015 - Economic Development Working Group
The Eden Area Livability Initiative is an integrated partnership between the community, the county and other public sector jurisdictions that have a stake in the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County. The Livability Initiative is the strategic development of a shared vision that plans to build pride for the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County.
- To create, strengthen, and sustain a livable community in the western unincorporated areas of Alameda County
- To encourage planning and action across disciplines and interest areas
- To engage the community in a significant way
- To call for County Agencies to collaborate in new ways
- To build stronger partnerships between the County, other jurisdictions and the community
- To increase community participation in decisions that affects the community
- To find a shared community vision
- To ensure coordination and implementation of this vision and plan between government and the community
- To strengthen relationships between government and the community