News & Announcements
- 07/24/2017 Alameda County Citizen's Academy 2017(138KB) The 2017 Citizen?s Academy is starting! This annual six-week civic engagement Academy is a free opportunity for you to learn about the County's mission and goals. See flyer memo for more info.
- 07/19/2017 Know Your Rights Workshops(504KB) There will be a series of workshops hosted by the City of Hayward,presented by Alameda County Immigration Legal and Education Partnership (ACILEP).Great opportunity to receive an update on the status of Hayward Sanctuary City policies & people's rights.
- 07/19/2017 Communities United to Remove Blight(13610KB) Stop by REACH Ashland Youth Center on July 22nd from 9am to 12pm and drop off bulky furniture and mattresses. On September 23rd from 9am to 12pm, come out and help clean up your neighborhood!Bring mattresses, furniture, & e-waste!
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - Agriculture & Environment Working Group
- Thursday, August 24, 2017 - Eden MAC Formation Committee
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - Economic Development Forum
The Eden Area Livability Initiative is an integrated partnership between the community, the county and other public sector jurisdictions that have a stake in the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County. The Livability Initiative is the strategic development of a shared vision that plans to build pride for the unincorporated urban communities of Alameda County.
- To create, strengthen, and sustain a livable community in the western unincorporated areas of Alameda County
- To encourage planning and action across disciplines and interest areas
- To engage the community in a significant way
- To call for County Agencies to collaborate in new ways
- To build stronger partnerships between the County, other jurisdictions and the community
- To increase community participation in decisions that affects the community
- To find a shared community vision
- To ensure coordination and implementation of this vision and plan between government and the community
- To strengthen relationships between government and the community