Transportation is one of the largest sources of greenhouse gas emissions in Alameda County. For County government, vehicle emissions from employees commuting to work and traveling on the job account for more than 50% of our carbon footprint. In our fleet of vehicles and in our communities, the County is taking steps toward sustainable transportation.
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan
- Electric Vehicle Charging
- Electric Vehicle Programs
- Fleet of Vehicles
- Partnerships for Cleaner Transportation
- Shuttles to County Buildings - Open to the Public
- Walkable Communities
Alameda County encourages its residents and our employees to carpool and take public transit whenever possible to help reduce greenhouse gases and air pollution in our communities.