Alameda County's Economic Development staff can help explore resources available to you in unincorporated Alameda County such as small business counseling and financing. Please call Susan McCue, Economic Development Manager, for more information about these exciting opportunities! Call us 510-670-5335.
Alameda County Small Business Development Center
The Alameda County Small Business Development Center offers several no-cost/low-cost interactive seminars to support small business owners.
Alameda County Economic & Civic Development has partnered with several organizations that provide excellent support to the small business community.
- Alameda County Small Business Development Center
- Castro Valley/Eden Area Chamber of Commerce
- East Bay Economic Development Alliance
- California Competes Tax Credit Program Tax credit to employers that hire from designated areas, such as parts of unincorporated Alameda County.
- Go-biz California State Economic Development website
- Manex for manufacturing type businesses
- Kiva ZIPoffers person-to-person lending to local entrepreneurs. Kiva ZIP provides up to $5000, zero percent (0%) interest loans for small businesses and entrepreneurs. The loans are crowd-funded by individual lenders on the Kiva Zip website.
- Open for Business (PDF - 2.12mB)*
A Must Read for Starting a Business!
Check out our new business guide to help you start a new business in the unincorporated areas of the County. Don't forget that starting a business is more than just getting a business license and opening up shop. Make sure you have checked in with the Planning and Zoning office at 510-670-5400 before entering into any financial obligation, lease or begin pulling permits to do work on your space. This is also true when opening up a home-based business or cottage food business.
- Graffiti Abatement Program
Graffiti removal service for private and public properties. If you own, manage or lease a property that is located within unincorporated Alameda County, you may be eligible for our Graffiti Abatement Program.
- Demographic Info
- Alameda County Data Sharing Initiative
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.