The Alameda County Department of Agriculture / Weights and Measures promotes the Alameda County agricultural industry, protects the environment and the general public, and provides buyers and sellers a fair marketplace. We are the local enforcement authority for the California Department of Food and Agriculture and the California Department of Pesticide Regulation.
Our mission is to:
- Ensure the safe and responsible use of pesticides by farmers, pest control operators, government, industry, and the general public.
- Prevent the introduction, establishment, and spread of harmful insects, plant diseases, weeds, and other pests.
- Ensure that commercial transactions based on weight or volume are performed on accurate and appropriate equipment.
- Asian Citrus Psyllid News and Information
- Visit http://californiacitrusthreat.org for updated information on the Asian Citrus Psyllid threat. Save your citrus by learning about this problem
- Four minutes on the Asian citrus psyllid/huanglongbing crisis (Video)
- ASIAN CITRUS PSYLLID QUARANTINE IN ALAMEDA COUNTY (PDF - 107kB)
- Getting What You Pay For at the Supermarket (Video)
- NCWM Releases the 1st in a Series of Videos on Weights and Measures Inspections
- New video series help schools comply with the Healthy Schools Act: "Integrated Pest Management for Schools" (with Spanish subtitles: Manejo Integrado de Plagas (IPM) para las Escuelas)
- Japanese Dodder - Have You Seen This Vine? (PDF - 174kB)
- TV story on Japanese dodder, KPIX, November 3, 2014
- Buying Commercial Scales On The Internet (PDF - 444kB)