Welcome to the Housing & Community Development Department
The Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) plays a lead role in the development of housing and programs to serve the county's low and moderate income households, homeless, and disabled populations. HCD maintains and expands housing opportunities for low--and moderate--income persons and families in the county by:
- Preserving the county's housing stock through rehabilitation and repair assistance programs.
- Expanding the supply of affordable housing for lower income renters and owners, including first-time homebuyers.
- Serving the needs of the homeless community as the lead agency in the countywide homeless collaborative and partnering with homeless service providers.
- Revitalizing low-income neighborhoods by installing sidewalks and public accessibility improvements, and by constructing neighborhood-serving facilities.
- Public Notice for 30-Day Public Comment Period on the Alameda County HOME Consortium Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (PDF - 95kB)
- Alameda County HOME Consortium Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice Public Comment Draft (PDF - 2.7mB)
- Notice of Funding Availability (PDF - 111kB)
- The Affordable Housing and Sustainable Communities (AHSC) Program:
Alameda County HCD applauds the Strategic Growth Council, the Department of Housing and Community Development, and the other members of the advisory team for preparing draft guidelines for this new, integrated housing, transportation, and green infrastructure program. See HCD's comments here. (PDF - 800kB)
- Save the Date: HCD Annual Housing Development RFP Meeting November 13, 2014 (PDF - 37kB)
- Assessment of HIV/AIDS Housing Needs and Services - Alameda County
- Citizen Participation Plan (PDF - 259kB)
- Homeless Count 2013 Findings
- Measuring Success: Progress Report on Ending Homelessness in Alameda County (PDF - 4.9mB)