Welcome to the Housing & Community Development Department
The Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) plays a lead role in the development of housing and programs to serve the county's low and moderate income households, homeless, and disabled populations. HCD maintains and expands housing opportunities for low--and moderate--income persons and families in the county by:
- Preserving the county's housing stock through rehabilitation and repair assistance programs.
- Expanding the supply of affordable housing for lower income renters and owners, including first-time homebuyers.
- Serving the needs of the homeless community as the lead agency in the countywide homeless collaborative and partnering with homeless service providers.
- Revitalizing low-income neighborhoods by installing sidewalks and public accessibility improvements, and by constructing neighborhood-serving facilities.
- Notice of Funds Available - 2014 Eden Area CDBG (PDF - 1.8mB)
- 2014 Housing Development Funding Notice (PDF - 197kB)
- CPP Public Notice (PDF - 259kB)
- Citizen Participation Plan (PDF - 259kB)
- Homeless Count 2011 Findings
- Measuring Success: Progress Report on Ending Homelessness in Alameda County (PDF - 1.81mB)
- NSP Homebuyer Application
English (PDF - 110kB) Spanish (PDF - 72kB)