Welcome to the Housing & Community Development Department
The Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) plays a lead role in the development of housing and programs to serve the county's low and moderate income households, homeless, and disabled populations. HCD maintains and expands housing opportunities for low--and moderate--income persons and families in the county by:
- Preserving the county's housing stock through rehabilitation and repair assistance programs.
- Expanding the supply of affordable housing for lower income renters and owners, including first-time homebuyers.
- Serving the needs of the homeless community as the lead agency in the countywide homeless collaborative and partnering with homeless service providers.
- Revitalizing low-income neighborhoods by installing sidewalks and public accessibility improvements, and by constructing neighborhood-serving facilities.
HCD Director Speaks About Impact of the Budget
The Housing and Community Development Department Director Linda Gardner speaks about affordable housing and the impact of budget cuts on the well being of Alameda County residents. Download her presentation from the Human Impact Budget hearing:
- Presentation (PowerPoint) (7.9MB)
- HOPWA Informational Meetings (PDF - 779kB)
- Assessment of HIV/AIDS Housing Needs and Services - Alameda County
- CPP Public Notice (PDF - 259kB)
- Citizen Participation Plan (PDF - 259kB)
- Homeless Count 2013 Findings
- Measuring Success: Progress Report on Ending Homelessness in Alameda County (PDF - 4.9mB)
- NSP Homebuyer Application
English (PDF - 110kB) Spanish (PDF - 72kB)