Alameda County Mobile Home Space Rent Stabilization Ordinance
Update to the Alameda County Mobile Home Space Rent Stabilization Ordinance
In 2015, Alameda County HCD began a review and update of the 1990 Mobile Home Space Rent Stabilization Ordinance. The process to date has included public meetings as well as stakeholder meetings of park owners and park residents. The updated draft ordinance was heard by the Castro Valley Municipal Advisory Council on September 21, 2015 and the Board of Supervisors Unincorporated Services Committee on September 23, 2015. The Planning Commission heard the draft Ordinance on December 7, 2015, and continued the item. On December 10, 2015, the Board of Supervisors Transportation & Planning Committee heard the draft Ordinance as an informational item. On February 4, 2016, the Castro Valley Municipal Advisory Council again heard the draft Ordinance and forwarded a recommendation to the Planning Commission. The Planning Commission heard the item on March 7, 2016 and forwarded a recommendation to the Board of Supervisors. On December 7, 2016, the draft Ordinance was heard again by the Board of Supervisors Unincorporated Services Committee.
On February 21, 2017, the Board of Supervisors is scheduled to hear the item and take action.
For additional information, please see the following:
- February 21, 2017 Board of Supervisors
- Staff Report (PDF - 50kB)
- Exhibit A (Proposed Ordinance) (PDF - 197kB)
- Exhibit B (Common Key Issues) (PDF - 26kB)
- Exhibit C (Vacancy Control Options) (PDF - 42kB)
- Exhibit D (Background and Research Report) (PDF - 53kB)
- Exhibit E (Unincorporated Services Committee December 7, 2016 meeting minutes) (PDF - 27kB)
- Exhibit F (Planning Commission March 7, 2016 meeting minutes) (PDF - 185kB)
- Exhibit G (Castro Valley Municipal Advisory Committee February 4, 2016 meeting minutes) (PDF - 145kB)